Stolen Videos - RESOLVED!!!

Heyo!!!

It is a great hour here.
As many of you know, I encountered a quite interesting and stressful situation the other day when I went online to find that my content had been posted on another channel.
I did everything I could, from comments to PM's to Instagram message, but I didn't hear a response until tonight when I received a comment on my original "Monday's Move" stop motion.

The person who reposted my videos claims that it was all a big misunderstanding and that her channel is "about showing great stop motions" and is purely a channel for showing off other people's work. She removed both of the videos and apologized :).

I still am a bit confused with what she said in the comments (shown above), since none of the videos have any recognition to any of the creators. Not in comments, descriptions of videos, or the videos themselves. Also, in her channel description and all of her video descriptions, she says "I create stop motions". It all seems suspicious, but there is no way for me to be entirely sure.

Fake or not, I am actually extremely glad I was able to experience this.
This is not a rare occurrence, I have been made aware that this actually happens to quite a few content creators on youtube. It doesn't feel good to have your content reclaimed as somebody else's, but at the end of the day it's an amazing lesson. It is extremely important to know how to deal with things like this online AND in the real world, and I don't doubt that this will happen to me again. Only next time, I'll have a better understanding of what to do.

A big thanks to all of the amazing people that stood by me during this period of stress. Each and every one of you are so generous and kind. :D

This is also a notice that I will be taking down the video that I posted yesterday about the event.

xoxo -Lillian <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog